Sunday, July 15, 2007

SuperWEAK


Oh, so sad...I went to the women's 1/2/3 race today in Soulard. I knew it was trouble when I rolled up (in the grocery-getter with the kids in tow) and a few people quickly prompted me to suit up and race. Suspicious? A bit. There were four (4!) women signed up. Four. The saddest women's "race" I've seen. (Not to take anything away from those that did appear, they raced a hard one in hot afternoon STL sun.)

Where is everybody? Carrie is the lone STLisan at Superweek, so that conflict is no excuse...

Doesn't matter (too much). We're working on it and have lots of promising candidates of future racers. C'mon, girls! You're gonna have to pick it up around here! We can't keep expecting to have people donate money if we don't show the numbers (FYI, I heard today's race was paying 5 deep--5th place=$70. I don't know where that money went, but nobody won that--I should have pulled the kids around in the trailer!).

The silver lining? The 4's race had more girls than last year!

1 comment:

VeloCC said...

you guys have the right attitude. I can see why Syd fits in so well:D