Sunday, July 15, 2007

Day 1 Superweek 07..and the Ants go marching......

Whew!!! What a way to shake off the cobwebs from a long drive and a hard nights rest. Gusty winds, 1:40 minutes, and some hot sun. As our first race all together, we did really well, getting a break established. (Sydney was off the front for 3-4 laps, all alone, no takers). We controlled the front of the field for as long as we could, until Cheerwine felt it was time to pull the bobber in. I (Carrie) started my sprint competition a sprint early and went for a cash prime. Got It!!! The next two, I wholeheartely sprinted for a 3rd. I gotta tell ya, the money is good for the primes outside of the sprint points, and I couldn't resist the an attempt at a $140 prime. Julie Bishop(HT Naturals), gave me a fine leadout, just about 100 meters tooo early. My quads conceded 25m from the finish line and I gave up second money place in the prime by a wheel, to Sarah Uhl. All in all, I was tired, hot, thirsty, and had a blast. As a team we learned alot about our new riders, Sydney Brown and June Upshaw. Our movement and presence was outstanding, and we look forward to butting heads with Cheerwine, Aarons, and Hub Racing again tomorrow. Standing third in the sprint competition, I say to Julie Bishop...."I'll Be Back".
Katie took 4th in the 3rd sprint, so I don't want to hear that she can't sprint.
June and Sydney are revving their engines, and we will see if sparks fly at Bensenville. I will have an update from the girls after that race as well.
Now, time to ready my head for today....Chris is much better at the commentary, but I will watch the tour tonight and try to learn a little spice. Later! C-

2 comments:

VeloCC said...

Congrats Ladies! You ladies go for it!!

Anonymous said...

You write very well.