Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Gettin' dirty in the off-season

Sure, back to back, why not?
Fast towards the lake

Team Revolution women don't sit around idling away the days till the next road season. Instead, I like to think we're all out rockin' it in other ways. Some of us are swimming, others running and putting miles on their other bikes, and me, I like to mix it up on the 'cross courses. This last weekend found me just south of Des Moines, Iowa at the inaugural "Spooky Cross." Payouts were good and the course great -- well, great in a 'cross sort of way.

The first day it had rained and parts were a little slick, but it was relatively fast between the painful run-ups. The second day -- big OUCH. It had rained most of the night and hadn't let up when my first race, the men's 3/4, pulled up to the start line. An hour later, the rain had paused, but the slop was plentiful and the course full of suffering for my second race -- the women's Open.

Two days. Four races. Results: 4th (Men's 3/4), 1st (Women Open), 8th (Men's 3/4), 1st (Women Open).

1 comment:

Chris said...

4 races? Leaves me winded just thinking about it.
Bionic Woman is on Wednesdays (NBC), not the weekends! Jeez!