Sunday, October 07, 2007

Fun + Laughs= Sore Muscles

Carrie learns that "All things come to those who wait", does not apply to Racquetball!


Whew, this taking time off the bike thing is about to kill me, I think. Between chuckling so hard at turning circles on the racquetball court, to dodging trees due to the fact I can't figure out how to stop my roller blades.....my sides are in a stitch!

Today, Chris and I made our way to the racquetball courts to mix our non-cycling, non-routine up a bit. I gotta tell you, I do not remember the last time I used my racquet. Now, hey, it is not a vintage model, okay?! (within the last 3 1/2 years), but the handle tape just kept disintegrating in my hand. I think that was what was wrong with my game!!! Chris was lucky.


Carrie learns that "All things come to those who wait"

...does not apply to Racquetball!


I cannot wait to get on my mountain bike or my fixed gear, but I have patience. I respect the time my body and mind needs to recover from all the hard work and training I did this season. I appreciate the returns I received, and look forward to more in 2008, therefore, I am sticking to the regimen. So, quit asking me until the end of the week, okay!!!!???

Take it easy on yourself now, enjoy the fall. Enjoy your family, and make sure the ones around you know how much they appreciate everything they have done.

Thanks to Chris, for putting up with my mood swings, and still believing in me; she helps make me tough; thanks to mom for learning how to use email; thanks to all my family here, from Lake St. Louis to Troy, that make a person feel loved; thanks to all the girls of Team Revolution (and those who have yet to join us) for taking charge and getting out to ride, with or w/o me or us; thanks to all the shops that participated in our clinics this year(Ghisallo, Mesa, The Hub, Alpine Shop, Big Shark); to Amy and Tracey for knowing that we appreciate their help when we are on the road; and last but certainly not least, to Gavin and Aubrey for being 4 going on 5!!!! Without them, I would have no gray hair.
To may team for making 2007 an incredible season, with a great incite and promise for a good ass whooping team, in 2008. Look out competition!!


Yee Haw...Let's get it ON!!!

1 comment:

How do i get to my old stuff said...

Raquetball. Ugh. Nothing but sore knees and side pain from laughing for me. That ball zips around the court and I can never catch it and give it the thwackin' it deserves.