Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Why I ride


Some of you may have noticed that I also blog about "Why I ride". I've not been diligent about keeping up with it...mostly b/c my reasons, while I ponder them daily, all boil down to the same basic reasons. But, every once in a while I have a new epiphany. I try to capture them there.

I started writing today's entry "Because it feels good" and then got side-tracked by the most-signficant reason it might NOT feel good to most people...I don't know why. Because I babble and write stream of conscience. But, the truth of the matter, is that it does feel great to ride: psychologically and phsyically.

For most beginners, it does seem to be about conquering two main hurdles: "My butt hurts" and "I hate to ride where cars are". We're trying to address the traffic issue. Constantly. Education and advocacy (but our emphasis lies in teaching better defensive cycling skills). But the butt issue? We'll give advice, but don't ask details. Not because we won't share them, but trust me, you don't want to hear them (and neither do we).

Seriously.

No comments: