Sunday, August 12, 2007

Elk Grove 3/4 Race




It went something like this.....I see the field take off, and in 1.5 minutes they double back on the other side of the median past the start/finish. Watching 2-3 laps of girls shuffling around in the pack, 2 primes loaded with money, and gaps happening throughout, I patiently awaited the last lap. With one lap to go, I mosied to the start/finish for te final moment.
From the line you could only see the 100 meter sign (the 150 meter was just around the bend). With a Hyudai (?) sport vehicle in full view, I catch a glimpse of turqoise/red and also a rider in red. Could it be? Yes it was!!! Chris, giving it a 1-2 punch, to take the win and put XPLANE/Team Revolution atop the podium.
Great Job Chris!!!
So exciting to watch it play out.
I am sure you can give us a personal account with details.

Spectator-
Carrie

3 comments:

mtb05girl said...

Wow...that's AWESOME!!

JuneBug said...

WOW!!!!! That is incredible! What a great day. congratulations Chris.

How do i get to my old stuff said...

FANTASTIC!!!