Monday, June 25, 2007

Day 5: Stillwater Criterium


We just got home and I'm exhausted. Left post-race at 3pm and drove and drove and drove. Here's the quick low-down:

1. Katie finished 39th in the overall standings for the week. That is awesome as USCF gives points all the way to 40 (or was it 50?) for this race.

She climbed like a champ today. Kristin Armstrong and Mara Abott were a spectacle to watch. I personally raced that hill (for 4 laps) and to watch them climb it was inspiring enough to try the time trial up the hill AFTER the women's race (I won the women's 3/4 TT up the hill, BTW!)

The other (bad) news is that Carrie was not allowed to race as I couldn't get the officials to reverse the judgment. Carrie had a great attitude about it and raced the Men's 2/3 (with me). I could vent and fume about that, but in the end, it's useless frustrations. A million people have various examples of how refs, judges, officials have made bad calls and lost games, races, series, etc. It was a bad call and arbitrary time-allocation and eventual cut.
In the end, everybody got to race all the races and we all survived a gruelling week.

Live, ride and learn, right?

No comments: