Monday, November 26, 2007

the journey continues



I just like the picture, not very relevant. So, here we are at the end of November and where are we? Personally, I'm in an underlit, cold abyss. I miss riding with other people regularly. I miss my Monday night ride that kicked my butt all season. I miss watching the Tuesday night crits, our Wednesday ride, and racing. I really miss racing. The whole reason I stay motivated. And, as far as I can tell, the next race for me is in March.

Carrie and I did a Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving. We both ran our personal best 5K times (woo hoo!) Maybe I'll start running to get my competitive fix. Or maybe I should have done some cyclocross. There's always next year and I have a feeling that will be our next big thing. And lord knows Syd loves it! Looks like pain and fun, torture and elation...all in an hour race. Cross clinic, anyone?

2 comments:

Jessica (aka Baby Bomber) said...

I'm requesting a 'cross bike for Christmas - clinic would be awesome once I have it. I'm in once January hits. No 'cross racing for me this year, but a clinic would be sweet.

How do i get to my old stuff said...

yeppers. You need some cross. Fun racin and great workouts. Makes the winter downtime/depression real short.