Thursday, April 05, 2007

Golden Gate Bridge and all that


So, I'm in SF again (for work) and, man, I really love it here. If I didn't have to work so much while I was in town, I'd probably really like this traveling to San Fran gig. Unfortunately, days where I can sneak out of the office for a three hour lunch/ride are too few. I've been going non-stop since I flew in on Monday.

Monday night involved a concert at the Great American Music Hall. Brandi Carlile was uh-may-zing; I shake my head in disbelief. I wish I could harness the energy of that experience. I'm sure I stood there in this crowded room, with a slim line of sight just over the shoulder of the guy in front of me, just slack-jawed.

Tuesday I wake early to run (iPod-less) for about 6 miles along the Embarcadero. Tuesday night I'm at Gestalt having some beer and brats (that's bratwurst, not poorly behaved children) and Wednesday is the company meeting (at 7:30 am) and I'm tired and skip any workout. Lame (pronounced: laaay aim!). Wednesday night too many mojitos at Colibri spell dissaster for my Thursday run. Luckily, my SF psycho-fit-biking friend in SF pushes me into a noon ride over in the Marin Headlands (or was it the "Headwinds"?).

Why did I ramble on? I'm not sure. Sleep deprivation. The better question is why did you bother reading this far?

I'm exhausted.
Thank you Murphy Mack.
-c

No comments: